Material Certification Reports
Architectural Spec Review
Specifications can quickly become out-of-date and can cause issues in the submittal process, especially when it comes to choosing a qualified manufacturer. Our specification specialists also offer a complementary spec review in which they will provide you with recommended language to bring your template spec up to date with current standards.
Complimentary spec reviews for:
- 054000 – Division 5 Section on Cold-Formed Metal Framing
- 092116 – Division 9 Section on Gypsum Board Assemblies
- 092216 – Division 9 Section on Non-Structural Metal Framing
SCAFCO is dedicated to meet the rising demands in product innovation and cost saving installation methods for the building and construction industry. Implementing SCAFCO’s suggested language can add value to your future projects, improve performance, and help meet completion targets.
For a complimentary specification review, contact us at (509) 343-9000 or e-mail us at Technical@SCAFCO.com
How to include SCAFCO products in your office master
- Perform a master update. This enables you to see updates to the master text.
- Go to Part 2 of the spec, which lists manufacturers and products.
- Select SCAFCO from the list of manufacturers.
- If a relevant SCAFCO product is found, select it from the list. Note that products will only appear here if they are a fit for your pre-determined criteria. A check mark will indicate that the product has been added to your spec.
- Repeat the selection process for any other project/master files you routinely copy to generate project specs.
SCAFCO’s products are available in MasterSpec powered by Deltek Specpoint, the long time industry research and specification resource.
MasterSpec is the only product selection tool that provides the design professional unbiased, objective information on building products written by professional architects and engineers, and vetted by AIA-sponsored architectural and engineering review committees.
Find SCAFCO in sections 054000 and 092216.
Update your MasterSpec listing today!
As an architect, you never stop learning – or earning credits for continuing education.
SCAFCO is here for you!
Earn AIA CES LU/HSW credit Now!
Schedule a “Lunch and Learn” presentation today!
For In-Person or Virtual Presentation Requests – Click Here.
SCAFCO offers AIA presentations either personally or virtually.
Through our partnership with AEC Daily, SCAFCO now offers one-hour courses to help you move forward with your studies. With topics from Acoustic Solutions and Fire Wall Design Innovations to Improved Construction Methods for Cold Formed Steel Framing, these courses are:
- Free: AEC Daily is a free online resource for architects, contractors, and engineers.
- Convenient: With online self-paced, face-to-face, and live on-demand options, we’ll work around your schedule. (24 hours a day – 7 days a week).
- Low-stress: Presented in a Lunch & Learn format, these classes allow you to sit back, enjoy a bite to eat, and benefit from our expertise.
Check out the link, and let SCAFCO support your ongoing education!
As a customer of SCAFCO Steel Stud Company, you’ll have access to our team of dedicated engineers. Call on their skills to help you save on labor costs and improve installation efficiency.
With proven skills backed by the industry’s leading technology, our engineers bring innovative new solutions, efficient designs, and labor-saving product ideas to your project. They can also help troubleshoot unexpected challenges on the jobsite, obtain documentation for approvals, and offer individual installation instructions.
If you find yourself in need of a design professional, SCAFCO can also assist you in choosing a qualified firm to suit your needs.
Rely on SCAFCO’s engineering services for your next project. We can provide:
- Product support
- Preliminary member sizing
- Priceless Header/Kwik Jamb sizing
- Troubleshooting for job site issues
- Documentation for approvals (LEED and COM)
- Verification of AISI, ASTM, IBC, and CBC compliance
- Product submittal packages
- Framing installation guidance and recommendations
- Product specification review
- References to engineering firms specializing in shop drawings and deferred design of cold-formed products
Contact us today for any of your cold-formed steel framing questions.
SCAFCO and the SSFSA have teamed up with StrucSoft solutions to expand our role in providing tools and resources for BIM. The Supreme Framing System as well as many SCAFCO products are available in Revit through the StrucSoft MWF Pro Wall add-in. These products can be easily used to quickly populate the building model with all the cold-formed metal framing members you will need. Designers and drafters now have the ease of specifying SCAFCO products throughout the drafting process.
Designing with BIM Utilizing SCAFCO Products (32 mins)
Supreme Stud Selector HOW-TO
Visit www.StrucSoftSolutions.com to learn more about StrucSoft and MWF Pro Wall.
Fire & Acoustic Data
LEED and Sustainability
For specific project LEED letter request, contact 509-789-8669
Buy American Materials
CFS Design Software
Steel Framing Standards and CAD Details
Call 509-343-9019 for .dwg files