Installation is simplified by using three screws and attaching the clip to the stud flange. No predetermined stud layout is required and ledge tabs are added for easy alignment. Attach 2″ x 6″ structure grade lumber (#1 or better) as required by codes or specifications.
- Loads based on #8 screws
- Screws are provided
- Pre-punched guide holes
- Folded tabs for consistent wood positioning
- ASTM A653/A653M
- Material thickness: 33 mil
- Yield strength: 33 ksi
- G60 hot-dipped galvanized coating
|Part No.||Stud Properties||F1 Allowable Loads (lbs)||F3 Allowable Loads (lbs)|
|Mil||Gauge||Fy (ksi)||2 #8 Screws||3 #8 Screws||2 #8 Screws||3 #8 Screws|
Screw shear values are based on the SSMA Screw Table with the following notes:
- Allowable loads have not been increased for wind, seismic activity, or other factors.
- The allowable loads are based on the steel properties of the members being connected, per AISI S100.
- The nominal strength of the screw must be at least 3.75 times the allowable loads.
- Values include a 3.0 factor of safety.
- Penetration of screws through joined materials should not be less than three exposed threads. Install and tighten screws in accordance with the screw manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Allowable loads indicated on the table(s) are for force in single direction only. The designer shall use the combined forces check as required by AISI S100 if more than one force is applied to the connection.
Quantity / Order Information
|Model No.||Flange Width||Qty
|KB162||1-1/4” to 1-5/8”||100||25|