Supreme Framing System
Supreme Framing System™ stud and track is a design that uses thinner steel, larger flange and return lip, and superior 57 ksi yield strength when compared to traditional material. Supreme Framing System™ is available nationally through multiple independent steel stud manufacturers.
- 2009 and 2012 IBC compliant
- Multiple UL approved fire-rated assemblies
- Excellent acoustical performance
- 57 ksi steel to reduce screw stripping
- Wider flanges for screw placement
Full line of Supreme Framing accessories
- Hat Channel and Z-Furring
- Slotted Track
- Custom Brake Shapes
Supreme 30EQD is Certified
The Supreme Steel Framing System Association (SSFSA) sponsors a third-party certification program that requires products to be continually audited to ensure consistent quality and compliance to IBC, ASTM C645, and ASTM C955 codes. All inspections and testing for the SSFSA are provided by Architectural Testing, Inc.
Products must be tested twice a year on unannounced visits where the steel will be chemically stripped and tested for coating weight and bare metal thicknesses, and the dimensional properties of the studs will be measured. Members of the SSFSA must satisfy the requirements each time they are audited in order to earn certification.
All certified Supreme Steel is labeled on each member or bundle to show that it is third-party certified. This third-party certification label guarantees to the contractor and owner that materials are high quality and code compliant.
Standard Web Sizes
Thicknesses and Coatings
|Steel Framing Thickness Table|
Design Inside Corner Radii
AISI and ASTM Code Standards
- AISI's North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members
- A653 - Standard specification for steel sheet, zinc-coated (galvanized) by the hot-dip process
- A1003 - Standard specification for steel sheet, carbon, and metallic-coated for cold-formed framing members
- C645 - Standard specification for nonstructural steel framing members
- C754 - Standard specification for installation of steel framing members to receive screw-attached gypsum panel products
- C955 - Standard specification for load-bearing (transverse and axial) steel studs, runners (tracks), and bracing or bridging for screw application of gypsum panel products and metal plaster bases
- E72 - Standard test methods of conducting strength tests of panels for building construction
- E90 - Standard test method for laboratory measurement of airborne sound transmission loss of building partitions and elements
- E119 - Standard test methods for fire tests of building construction and materials