Struts 12″ in length or shorter come packaged in durable buckets for convenient handling on the jobsite. The PLS4 is designed to replace the PLS3 clip.
Features & Benefits
- Slots allows for 2” total vertical deflection
– Deflection of 1″ up and 1″ down
- Loads based on proprietary screws
– #14 shouldered screws are provided for ease of installation
- Pre-punched guide holes
- Transfers horizontal load into structure
- Maintains lateral rigidity
- Mill certified steel
- ASTM A653/A653M
– 68 mil material thickness
– 57 ksi yield strength
– 65 ksi tensile strength
– G90 galvanized coating
- Shouldered screw
– ASTM C1513
– C1022 case hardened steel
– Zinc plated coating
– 1000 hours salt spray life
– Exceeds standard screw life by over 10X
|Part No.||Stud Thickness||F1 Allowable Loads (lbs)|
|Mil||Gauge||Fy (ksi)||2 #14 Screws||3 #14 Screws|
|Maximum Allowable Clip Load||2180||2180|
- Allowable loads have not been increased for wind, seismic, or other factors.
- The allowable loads are based on the steel properties of the members being connected, per AISI S100.
- The nominal strength of the screw must be at least 3.75 times the allowable loads.
- Penetration of screws through joined materials should not be less than three exposed threads. Install and tighten screws in accordance with the screw manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Screw shear capacities are based on allowable strength design (ASD) and include a safety factor of 3.0.
- Allowable loads indicated on the table(s) are for force in single direction only. The designer shall use the combined forces check as required by AISI S100 if more than one force is applied to the connection.
- The designer shall check the bending in the short leg of clip.
Quantity / Order Information
|Model No.||Left / Right Handed||Width||Qty / Bucket||Lbs / Bucket|
|PLS4-900||(L) or (R)||9″||35||54|
|PLS4-1200||(L) or (R)||12″||30||59|
|PLS4-1500||(L) or (R)||15″||–||–|
|PLS4-1800||(L) or (R)||18″||–||–|
|PLS4-2000||(L) or (R)||20″||–||–|
All PLS4 clips include insert. Additional lengths available upon request.
Strengthening lip added for clips over 20″ lengths.