DPLS2 - Bypass Slab Drift Strut
The DPLS2 slide strut attaches the by-pass curtain wall stud to the building structure, allowing for vertical deflection and lateral drift. The inserts are pre-installed to the strut making installation quick, easy, and efficient. Patent No. 7478508-B2
Features & Benefits
Insert allows for 2” total vertical deflection and 2” lateral drift
- Greater than 2” are available
Loads based on #10 screws
- Screws are provided
- Large insert pieces for easy installation
- Pre-punched guide holes
- Transfers horizontal loads into structure
|Model No.||Stud Thickness||F1 Allowable Loads (lbs)|
|Mils||Gauge||Fy (ksi)||2 #10 Screws*||3 #10 Screws*|
|Maximum Allowable Clip Load||1950||1950|
* Number of screws per insert
- Allowable loads have not been increased for wind, seismic, or other factors.
- Screw spacing and edge distance shall not be less than 3 x d. (d=nominal screw diameter)
- The allowable loads are based on the steel properties of the members being connected, per AISI Section E4.
- When connecting materials of different thicknesses or tensile strength (Fu), the lowest applicable values should be used.
- Screw shear capacities are based on allowable strength design (ASD) and include a safety factor of 3.0.
- Penetration of screws through joined materials should not be less than 3 exposed threads. Install and tighten screws in accordance with the screw manufacturer's recommendations.
- Applied loads may be multiplied by ¾ for seismic or wind loading, per AISI A 5.1.3
- Loads are for attachment of DPLS2 Drift Strut to stud only. It is the responsibility of the designer to check the bending in the other leg of this strut and its connection to the structure members, depending on the direction of forces.
Quantity / Order Information
|Model No.||Left / Right Handed||Width||Qty / Bucket||lbs / Bucket|
|DPLS2-1200||(L) or (R)||12"||10||44|
|DPLS2-1500||(L) or (R)||15"||-||-|
|DPLS2-1800||(L) or (R)||18"||-||-|
|DPLS2-2000||(L) or (R)||20"||-||-|
All DPLS2 struts include inserts. Additional lengths available upon request.